About Me

My photo
I have been teaching for 10 years, all of them in special education. I started as a consultant teacher at 7th grade, and then moved to a self-contained classroom for 4 years. I am now back at the upper levels as a consultant teacher and am looking forward to a new adventure at this grade level.

Blog Archive

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Classroom Theme Linky Party

Ok so my obsession with teacher blogs has led me to do some thinking. First of all, I think I am going to change this blog to a teaching blog over the summer. Second of all, I joined my first linky party! Thirst for First is having a classroom theme linking party, and I wanted to share mine.

My class theme is stars. Stars, stars, stars! I love them!!! I have a Star Studded Work bulletin board, our word wall words are Star Words, and we practice STAR behavior. The STAR behavior is a school-wide thing, which makes it nice to transition into my room. We also have STAR books (Students Taking Awesome Responsibility) that are much like BEE books. I try to keep it pretty simple, with star bulletin board borders, star decorated treasure chest, etc. I'll post pictures this summer! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment