About Me

My photo
I have been teaching for 10 years, all of them in special education. I started as a consultant teacher at 7th grade, and then moved to a self-contained classroom for 4 years. I am now back at the upper levels as a consultant teacher and am looking forward to a new adventure at this grade level.

Blog Archive

Monday, July 18, 2011

I think I'm in LOVE...

I found this website through one of my most recent blog-stalking adventures, about ten minutes ago. There I was, innocently looking at a post about  back to school ideas, from Teaching Happily Ever After and she had a video posted, so I checked it out. WOW. I went to the website, www.wholebrainteaching.com and started reading up on how to get started with the different strategies. I am super excited about this right now! I think some of these ideas are going to be fantastic for my kids! I especially liked the hand-motions and the one-second-party idea!!!! I can't WAIT to read more about this and get it started in my room. Go check it out!

1 comment:

  1. Yes I myself found the website about whole brain teaching... isn't wonderful? It just gets you thinking about ways in which you can help your students retain what they learn rather than just learn it for the test and forget it. Check out Erica's Elementary Excitement and on her blog she talks about ways she uses whole brain teaching too. Her blog is one of the reasons I found whole brain teaching this summer. And I found another blog called A Whole Brain Teacher that I thought you could check out. Have fun teaching the whole brain this year.:)
    Kinders on the Block

    ReplyDelete