My writers workshops have gone very well. The Quiet 10 went AWESOME today and all my kids drew/added details to pictures they did yesterday. Ish by Peter H. Reynolds was the perfect book to launch Writers Workshop with.
We learned how to take care of our math tubs and practiced things we learned last year.
Parent night was also somewhat successful. 3 out of 6 parents came. 2 of the 3 that did not come already know me from last year as I had their child in my class. So it wasn't too bad but I was at school for roughly 11 and a half hours, the short break coming when I went to Wendy's for dinner. (Side note: their BLT Chicken Salad = delish!)
Tonight we are going out with our neighbors and that kicks off a SUPER busy weekend for us. My cousins son is turning 1 so we have his party tomorrow morning, and my friend's wedding tomorrow night in Buffalo. Sunday is my grandfather's birthday so we are having a party for him. Thank goodness we are still going to be doing procedures and routines on Monday and I'm all planned! :)

I hope things are going better with your one student! I know it can be stressful (despite knowing that you "signed up" for it). 3 out of 6 days this year, I have been kicked, pinched, spit on, and called horrible names I wouldn't call my worst enemies. But I'm sending you happy thoughts:-D Good luck!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, that means a lot! :) Things are still really rough but we're trying!
ReplyDelete