About Me

My photo
I have been teaching for 10 years, all of them in special education. I started as a consultant teacher at 7th grade, and then moved to a self-contained classroom for 4 years. I am now back at the upper levels as a consultant teacher and am looking forward to a new adventure at this grade level.

Blog Archive

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I have no title :)

Busy busy busy - I am actually bringing work home with me and DOING it. Usually it just rides in the car with me and keeps me company on the 30 minute drive home. I've gotten so many cute ideas off of Pinterest and other blogs that I just HAD to do in my classroom this week!
For example, from {this} blog post, I found these adorable firemen. Since they are visiting next week, we watched a video on firefighters and then did the tree map about firefighters. Then we wrote thank you notes to them. Made for a cute hallway display!

I don't know what your school does for spirit but we have 2 ladies who get really into it and do something creative every week in the morning. They have handed out lei's on the last day of school, had us play games, have free compliments, donuts, etc. They do all this as people come in the building and it always starts our day with a smile. Today we had to think about what we'd do with our lives if we could do anything.They took our picture then hung it on the wall with a dream bubble. Here's mine!
I'd totally be a Rockette if I wasn't 5 feet 1 inch tall! I would totally be at the end of the line and not even seen on the stage. Stupid height requirements. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment