About Me

My photo
I have been teaching for 10 years, all of them in special education. I started as a consultant teacher at 7th grade, and then moved to a self-contained classroom for 4 years. I am now back at the upper levels as a consultant teacher and am looking forward to a new adventure at this grade level.

Blog Archive

Monday, November 21, 2011

Craziness.

Sorry I have been gone for awhile! I always do this. Its been absolutely insane around here though and today it got much worse.

My dog was hit by a car.

And the person driving just took off. I wasn't home but my husband was and the driver never even came back to apologize. My poor dog, Murphy. She took off after another dog across the street and got really whacked. I don't think she went under the tires because she had no broken bones but she is at the vet overnight for x rays and other tests.

I could literally hunt the driver down right now, and I would be relentless. I spent all night at the vets office waiting for news on Murph. She wouldn't stand up for the doctor and the vet was concerned that it was something neurological going on. However, when she was brought in the room so I could say good night, she got up right away and started walking around and jumping up on me.

Her eye is swollen and her pupils are unevenly dilated so they are concerned about head trauma. She's got some pretty bad cuts but I am really really hoping that she can bounce back from this. She's a tough, stubborn cookie, so I am optimistic but we'll see.

2 comments:

  1. Wishing Murphy well.
    I can't believe the driver didn't stop. How sad!

    Denise

    Yearn to Learn Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about your dog! I hope she bounces back quickly!! My dog had a rough week too...it's so emotionally draining when something happens to them.

    -Becky
    Lesson plans & Lattes

    ReplyDelete