Hello everyone! I have been desk free in my room for about a month or so now. When I got my Smartboard setup, they have the projector mounted on an arm above the wall. So all the controls and cords are up next to the Smartboard, clearly. It used to be that they ran across the entire room to a big ugly black cart, and the kids tripped over them, unplugged everything,
made shadow puppets actively participated in the lessons, etc, etc. I much prefer that the cords are located where they are, it goes without saying.
When it all got set up and connected, I realized I needed a place to keep my laptop since the cords did not reach to my desk in the back corner of the room. My husband and I
raided his grandmothers house asked for permission to use an entertainment cart that she wasn't going to use anymore. It fit perfectly up there, and after a few days I realized that all my desk was was a vehicle to enable my piling addiction. Seriously, it's bad y'all. Plus the desk was missing a leg and the front drawer was sitting on my counter since I pulled it out and couldn't get it back in. Worthless.
So I made the decision to go desk-less. I grabbed my 2 drawer filing cabinet and lugged it across the room, pulled one of my 3 drawer carts over and created a little workstation for myself.
There we are. I made little simple labels for each drawer, covered the drawers in scrapbook paper so my kids can't see my
Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, cookies, and stash of Diet Pepsi teacher supplies.
It's been working extremely well so far. I still have piles on my counter next to the sink but I am working on it. I think I am going to organized those materials in baskets or plastic tubs. I will overcome this addiction. If I'm still piling next June, I will need an intervention!
I still have my desk, but I am considering getting rid of it! I don't know for sure, because we don't have laptops like you do. I am not sure what I would do with my computer??
ReplyDeleteCute! I don't think I could ever give up my desk!
ReplyDeleteHi! I'm following you, and am giving you the Versatile Blogger Award. You can pick it up here :)
ReplyDeleteKara
spedventures