5:30 am -
5:40 am - repeat.
6:00 am - I roll out of bed and get in the shower to wake up.
6:14 am - My "WTF ARE YOU THINKING YOU BETTER GET OUT OF BED NOW" alarm goes off.
6:15 - 7:00 am - I blog stalk, FB stalk and sometimes catch up on my fave shows from the night before while I dry my hair and get dressed. Yes, it takes me 45 minutes to dry and straighten my hair, probably because of all the computer-ing I'm doing but I get bored while I'm doing my hair! Somewhere around 6:50 am - Sophia starts calling me from her room. "MAMA! I TALKIN TO YOU! WANNA GET UP!"
7:00 am - get Sophia up, chase her around her room to change her diaper. Let her pick out her outfit for the day.
7:20 am - (yes, the above takes 20 minutes. She wants to sit on the potty, read a book, hug a dolly, anything she can do to make us later) Head downstairs to make lunch.
7:25 am - wrestle Sophia into her hat, coat and mittens. Feed the dog.
7:30 am - wrestle Sophia into her car seat and head to the sitter.
7:32 am - arrive at the sitter and proceed to peel clingy 2 year old off my leg. this same 2 year old was screaming excitedly in the car " LIZ TIME! SEE ALL MY FRIENDS!"
7:40 am - Leave for work and settle in for the 30 minute drive ahead of me.
8:00 am - Stop at Dunkin' or Tim Hortons for breakfast while listening to my favorite morning radio show.
8:20 am - Arrive at work. Sit at guided reading table and "put my face on" as my grandma would say. No time at home to do makeup!
8:30 am - Run around the building getting ready for the day, copying, printing and sometimes last minute laminating.
9:05 - Students arrive!
9:15 - Announcements and the pledge, and morning work at their tables.
9:30 - Kids leave for speech. I have a free 30 minutes! Woot!
10:00 - Start reading instruction for the day, usually with a short mini-lesson, then pulling small groups.
11:15 - Start writers workshop with a short mini-lesson then independently working for 20 - 25 minutes.
11:50 - L-U-N-C-H with my lunch friends!! I looove eating with these people - its such a nice break to the day and we laugh a LOT.
12:30 Pick up my friends and start science or social studies lesson.
1:00 Start math block or send them to Art on Tuesdays.
1:50 Specials
2:30 Finish up unfinished work, then FREE TIMEEEEE! I like to include this because it gives us time to work with the kids who have social goals on their IEP's and teach them how to make friends and play together.
3:15 Do STAR books, pack up and GO HOME.
3:40 Leave to pick up Sophia, and gear up for the evening at home with my daughter in her terrible twos!
OMG. I didn't realize how long this was. My mornings are obviously crazy town. The rest of the day is easy compared to my mornings!


haha! oh my gosh! I am so not a morning person! If my school started at 9:05 I would maaaybe wake up at 8:15! haha! Granted I don't have kids and I shower the night before. And I have a 10 minute commute. P.S. We should make this into a book and send it to anyone who ever thought teachers have it easy!
ReplyDeleteI showered the night before when I had longer hair. My short hair now gets all funky when I sleep on it so I can't wash it the night before. It looks like I have a bad wig stuck on my head! Did you notice in there that there was no mention of "husband helps out with child"?
ReplyDeleteI'm your newest follower - found you over at the linky party. I'm not a morning person either....SOOOOOOO not.
ReplyDeleteHolly
Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade
Your 8:30 sounds like my 7:15!! lol
ReplyDeletegingersnapstreatsforteachers.blogspot.com
Holly - Thanks for becoming a follower!!! :)
ReplyDeleteGinger - I am lucky to be downstairs by 7:15, let alone be at school. I used to teach at our middle school which started much earlier - I don't know how I made it there on time, ever! Granted I didn't have the little one at the time!
nice post. Now you can use this b2b suppliers directory to promote kids footwears import & export business.
ReplyDelete