About Me

My photo
I have been teaching for 10 years, all of them in special education. I started as a consultant teacher at 7th grade, and then moved to a self-contained classroom for 4 years. I am now back at the upper levels as a consultant teacher and am looking forward to a new adventure at this grade level.

Blog Archive

Saturday, March 3, 2012

What We've Been Doing...

I haven't been here in so long and I have 2 awards waiting for me! Wow! I will be posting responses to them very soon!

I wanted to post a few pics of what's been going on in my classroom as of late.

I found this adorable website with tons of fun math games for the smartboard and for the computer! My kids are in love with this site! {Math Games Site}

On Pinterest, someone had pinned a Post-It plan book. I thought it was cute and creative, so I wanted to try it myself! {Here}  is the link to the original post.
hHere is my plan book for next week. One of the best things about this book is that I don't have to erase whenever I need to make a change in plans. I can just take out the Post It, toss it, and replace it with a new one! I kind of love that. I miss my fancy shmancy fonts on my plan pages but I think this is going to work for me!
The star shows that we have an assembly on Thursday. An author is visiting, and i just stuck the star note there to show that I have something different in the schedule.

I also easily planned out my week of writers workshop, using this text.
The mini lessons in it are exactly what my students need right now. We are going to work on the mechanics of writing, capitals, punctuation, complete sentences, etc. We spent the last 2 weeks doing research and writing All About Books. We had a big watermelon idea and picked smaller seed ideas to go it. This concept hit home with my kids. I was excited to see it go over so well! I created an organizer to help them pick topics to research.
Freebie for You!

Then they put facts on note cards that they found during their research, typed them up and used MaxWrite to make it look fun and professional. They are going to do a home project called Super Snoopers now that they have the basics of research. Phew!

1 comment:

  1. You have an amazing blog! Stop by my blog and see the One Lovely Blog Award I gave you!

    LifeInSpecialEducation

    ReplyDelete