Some Free Stuff!! For you! Yay! First I wanted to share this cute writing paper I made the other day. It's formatted for a friendly letter so I hope you can use it!
{Star Writing Paper}
Next, my Teacher Binder pack that I made based on my Teacher Binder post below. I am including both resources in case you missed the Reading Binder pack post from before!
{Plan Binder Pack}
{Reading Assessment Binder Pack}
I hope these can be useful to you! Next I just want to quickly share some of the amazingness I discovered this week when doing writing tasks. First, here is a writing sample from one of my second graders from September 2011. They had to write about a special memory. Notice the lack of complete sentences, fluent handwriting, and basic cohesiveness.
Now, here is this child's last writing sample from this week, May 2012.
Wow! What a great difference!!! I am so proud. But check this next one out. Same task - write about a special memory. This child chose to write about going to a waterpark. Great idea!
But barely readable as a second grade student. This student has shown the most impressive growth out of all of my kids this year. CHECK. THIS. OUT.
COULD YOU JUST DIE?!?!?! I almost cried. What a HUGE difference a year makes. I'm so proud of her. Plus, she says she wants to travel to Texas to meet cowboys. Can't blame her for that one. :)
Enjoy your freebies!
Thursday, May 31, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



You rock!! Thanks for the freebies. I'm excited to look at the teacher binder plan!
ReplyDeleteLisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure
Thank you for sharing with us. This is a great resource!
ReplyDeleteI'm loving that your students made such progress in writing. Would you be willing to share your tips/resources you use for writing instruction. I really feel like this is the weakest area for me.
ReplyDeleteAngelia
Extra Special Teaching
Angelia- I use Lucy Calkins Units of Study and I supplement with some mini-lessons about the traits of writing, and a LOT of one on one instruction. I am free to do that due to how small my class is. Try the book I found called Month By Month Trait Based Writing Instruction. I found it on the Scholastic website and bought it on Amazon. Also check out "No More I'm Done". Great resource!
ReplyDelete