So I had previously posted that I was going to teach a continuing ed reading class this summer.
Well it was cancelled due to lack of registration.
I have mixed emotions. I am majorly bummed because we don't get paid over the summer and I now have minimal sources of income. I am going to teach guard 1 night a week and thats about it. Now my husband has added pressure on him to get a second job to help us through the summer.
On the other hand, I get to stay home with my daughter and we don't have the extra cost of day care. And I get to lay by the pool and tan these pasty legs of mine!
Oh well. Its only two months. I think we can get through it if we are frugal. But I like to go to Target. A lot.
I guess in another way it is also good news for people who like me on TPT and like my products. I am going to be scouring my school files to see what I can share with everyone! The first thing I want to share is a cute racing themed Alphabet Activity.
You can find this on my TPT store but I am going to GIVE. IT. AWAY. (woot!) to the first 3 people that leave a comment on this post that includes their e-mail address. This is a great activity for kindergarteners and early first graders.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Looks great! Sorry to hear about the job, enjoy your summer.
ReplyDeleteeheynach@gmail.com
I'm so sorry to hear that happened! It'll be nice to be able to stay home with your daughter though. Thank you so much for the cute freebie! :)
ReplyDeleteLisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure
Looks awesome!
ReplyDeletecrhdouglas@gmail.com
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThat is a bummer! I guess it gives you more time to work on TpT products;) Enjoy the time with your daughter! (I put the wrong link on the last comment, so I had to delete it...sorry!)
ReplyDeleteWe are ALL Special!
Alicia,
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to let you know that I am nominating you for the Versatile Blogger Award. I love "stealing" your ideas so I can adapt them for my older students. Stop by my blog and check it out.
Blessing in disguise, right? You'll pull through the summer, I'm sure so now that you're off you might as well enjoy it!
ReplyDeleteI'm hosting a link party today and would love if you would stop by. We're talking about favorite iPad/iPod apps in the classroom! Polka Dots and Teaching Tots
This is adorable! I'm an aide in a Mod/Severe Autism class, I love all of your ideas. We always have summers off, enjoy it while you can! :)
ReplyDelete