About Me

My photo
I have been teaching for 10 years, all of them in special education. I started as a consultant teacher at 7th grade, and then moved to a self-contained classroom for 4 years. I am now back at the upper levels as a consultant teacher and am looking forward to a new adventure at this grade level.

Blog Archive

Monday, August 6, 2012

Classroom Progress 12-13


Do you feel like, the moment your classroom is free to go in, you have to be there every waking second to get it set up for the new year?? I know I do! I've been there for 3 days and had some cosmetic work to do in there (heyyy contact paper) and finally was able to get some boards done and things set up.

Contact paper-ed my cupboards and put up the class rules - based on Whole Brain teaching. Love these concepts!

Attached my seat pockets with heavy duty velcro. It fell apart though the next day. The duct tape pulled right off. We will deal with this as more problems arise.

This is going to be my Literacy Centers counter. I need another red pocket chart for the rest of the days in the week. The students will take 2 baskets per day and do the activities inside it, as well as do independent reading and guided reading.

My writing table-front of the room.


I didn't use CAFE last year but I am going to go back to it this year. I don't do Daily 5 but I like the CAFE Strategies. So this board is behind my guided reading table.

Just a little bit of decoration.
My calendar board. The pocket charts are going to be used for spelling words for 1st and 2nd grade.

2 comments:

  1. Your classroom looks wonderful!! I especially love the zebra chair pockets! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog.. and I LOVE it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete