About Me

My photo
I have been teaching for 10 years, all of them in special education. I started as a consultant teacher at 7th grade, and then moved to a self-contained classroom for 4 years. I am now back at the upper levels as a consultant teacher and am looking forward to a new adventure at this grade level.

Blog Archive

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Forgive me!

Forgive me, bloggers, for I have sinned.

It has been way too long since my last confession.

It has been a very busy few weeks. I've been caught off guard by CSE meetings, SLO meetings, PD meetings, interactive read-aloud planning, and oh yeah, teaching my kids how to read and write. You know, the usual.

We are coming to the end of our personal narrative unit and they are making these adorable hamburger stories that help them focus on BME. It has totally helped them, and their stories have grown so much. Now they are using transition words, and writing stories that make sense.

One of my favorite stories has an amazing beginning. It starts like this: "It was the middle of the night, and I was going to the bathroom." It also includes this gem: "I screamed like a little girl." 

I about peed my pants. I'll put up pics of the whole story once he publishes it.

So because of all these meetings and stuff, a form was created to record all of the PD's, conferences, etc that we go to so we have documentation of all the professional development we have done. It also includes a space for writing down how you implemented what you learned from that development opportunity. I cute-ed it up and have it for free for you!

Click for yours! {PD Documentation}


Here are some pics of whats going on in my classroom lately!


how cute are these pointers for guided reading??  My classroom is getting ready for Halloween!

2 comments:

  1. I went to a PD session once where they talked about getting students to realize there are gaps in their stories. One of the techniques was to have the author read their story aloud and have other students act it out. If things get confusing, the author knows (s)he need to fix that part. I changed it a bit and used it to help my junior high kids with transitions. It was hilarious. I'm not sure if it's something that would be helpful in your class but I thought I'd share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute pointers! Love the eyeball ones :)

    - Sasha
    The Autism Helper

    ReplyDelete