About Me

My photo
I have been teaching for 10 years, all of them in special education. I started as a consultant teacher at 7th grade, and then moved to a self-contained classroom for 4 years. I am now back at the upper levels as a consultant teacher and am looking forward to a new adventure at this grade level.

Blog Archive

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Oriental Trading Review

I got so excited last week when I started looking at orientaltrading.com's teacher stuff. I ordered three things, and they were delivered today. I love when the UPS man comes, it's like Christmas!





First, I got a new poster storage box. I got my old one when I started teaching 8 years ago, and it shows. The poor thing is all held together with tape and is completely falling apart. I love my new one!

I also got these reading journals. I was kind of disappointed in how small and flimsy they are. I'm not sure my kids are going to be able to complete them, I think they are too hard. It seems more like an activity book than the type of reading journal I was looking for. meh.






Lastly I got these desk helpers. They are kind of small but I use tables so I think these should fit perfectly. I should have included some indicator in the picture to show you how small they are. It's ok though because I like that they have the hundred chart, number line and alphabet.




I think I will buy from them again, I mean, 2 out of 3 isn't bad. I wanted to get some storage boxes and book bags but remembered that is what I ordered from the school at the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment