About Me

My photo
I have been teaching for 10 years, all of them in special education. I started as a consultant teacher at 7th grade, and then moved to a self-contained classroom for 4 years. I am now back at the upper levels as a consultant teacher and am looking forward to a new adventure at this grade level.

Blog Archive

Friday, July 8, 2011

Painting Project...

I like to make handmade things for my classroom. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Last year I made my treasure box and my kids loved it.
I am going to do a couple more things for my room this year, and I started with handpainted clips for my clip chart. I got wooden clothespins and stars. I painted them yellow and gold, and then painted the clothespins different colors. I am going to write the kids names on the stars with paint pen once I get my class list. Here's how they turned out: 



I like them! I think it will help my kids focus on their star behavior when I ask them to move their star instead of moving their clip.

2 comments: