Mrs. Lamb's class is having a linky party to talk about things we teachers can't teach without! Go check it out! Linky Party - What I Can't Teach Without
1. School provided Dell laptop. I don't think any of us could teach without one, in this day and age! Everything is on it - attendance, principal e-mails, important calendar updates, etc.
2. Sharpies and Sharpie pens! I LOOOOOOVE them so much. I can't even explain it.
3. I'm going to have to start bringing 2 of them in my lunch. I used to have a rule: no Pepsi before 9 am. That rule went out the window when I started teaching elementary!
4. This book changed my LIFE last year. I hated guided reading with a passion, and then I found this lovely. Finally - FINALLY I had found what I was looking for. I think we are soul mates.
5. Ok so I don't have a SmartBoard yet, but the room I'm moving into does. I can't WAIT to learn how to use it! I don't think I'll be able to teach without it after my first few times.
Wednesday, July 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







Ugh! How could I forget about sharpies!! I can't believe I forgot to add them to my list. I'm super jealous of your smartboard. I may have to check out that book you mentioned too.
ReplyDeleteKrystyi
Teaching in Flip Flops
I highly recommend that book. It provides a really strong, predictable structure to guided reading lessons for all readers, early, emergent, transitional and fluent. The way they teach sight words is phenomenal, I saw such amazing growth in all my kids. I personally craved that structure and it really helped me grow as a reading teacher.
ReplyDeleteI started following you- found you on this linky party!
ReplyDeleteSarah
Fantastic 1st Grade
Thank you for following me! I get so excited when I see new names. Hope I don't disappoint! :)
ReplyDeleteoh, oh, oh, I forgot about my Sharpie pens! =)
ReplyDelete