About Me

My photo
I have been teaching for 10 years, all of them in special education. I started as a consultant teacher at 7th grade, and then moved to a self-contained classroom for 4 years. I am now back at the upper levels as a consultant teacher and am looking forward to a new adventure at this grade level.

Blog Archive

Friday, September 16, 2011

Well...that didn't go as planned

So a meltdown free week didn't happen. Let's bullet list some of the things that DID happen:
  • my little friend yanked on the principals tie, choking him
  • same little friend poured a glitter avalanche on his desk 
  • he had to be picked up and carried out of several classrooms at different times during the day
Sigh. I don't know what to do. That's not even all of it. He was suspended today and it was a very welcome break. Come Monday though...I'm not looking forward to it.
Anyway, I'll share some of the anchor charts I've made so far. I like putting this much effort into the ones I plan on keeping year after year - they certainly make the classroom livelier!

And we had a STAR behavior assembly today and each kid made a star to hang up around the building. Here's mine! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there! I'm right with you...some days you want to jump for joy and other days you want to pull your hair out. Right now, we are trying sensory AS SOON AS my little friend gets her backpack in her locker because severe meltdowns would start 10 minutes in to school. **Fingers Crossed**

    ReplyDelete
  2. I teach in a Resource Room but I have a little friend in first grade who could join some of your little friends. I had to have the principal come and get him twice on Thursday - one time I was holding his wrists to keep him from running away from me and destroying the whole room. He had already run off the playground running away from the other resource room teacher earlier in the year. Hopefully we will get him to settle down.

    ReplyDelete