About Me

My photo
I have been teaching for 10 years, all of them in special education. I started as a consultant teacher at 7th grade, and then moved to a self-contained classroom for 4 years. I am now back at the upper levels as a consultant teacher and am looking forward to a new adventure at this grade level.

Blog Archive

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Wow, really?!?!?!

Hadar, Miss Kindergarten herself, awarded ME with a Top 10 blog award!
Top 10 TBA 

I can't believe it! I am so thankful and grateful for the blogging world, it has already made my classroom a better place. I never would have learned about WBT, and Pinterest, and other amazingness without bloggers. So thank you SO much, Hadar!

I started school today with the kids, and W.O.W. I at least left in 1 piece, which is more than I can say for my SBA, who was basically assaulted by one of my kids. This child is a younger sibling of my friend last year who DESTROYED my room. Needless to say, this runs in the family.  He spent the morning in the principal's office, and while he did have some good moments in the afternoon, he went home on red for scratching and spitting on and hitting my SBA. I knew it was bad when I was in the computer lab printing some stuff and I saw the counselor SPRINT down the hallway. My kids were in music but I just KNEW it was my peach. Sigh. It's going to be an interesting year. He refused to walk on our tour of the school and refused to go to the cafeteria. Finally he started destroying my things (for the 2nd time) and chucked some of my buckets at the other kids, and the principal had to carry him out in a firemans hold. AWESOME.

My other kids were great! They got pretty tired by the end of the day but today was double special day so I couldn't really give them a break. Tomorrow should be good, I can give them free time for some down time. I have a couple cute crafts planned so I'll take pictures of those and post them.

Tomorrow is also parent night---ALREADY.?!?!?!?!? Ugh. I never really get parents to come to these. It's kind of humiliating when all the parents show up for other classes but I get 1 or 2. I'm hoping to get a good amount tomorrow, so we'll see.

2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, this sounds like a kid I had 17 years ago! She threw a pencil at me and it slid across the side of my face near my temple! She could have poked my eye out! It was a rough year needless to say, but my other kids were just fabulous! This child was so bitter and angry, she would get in the room and in a spot where I couldn't get to her and hit on my other kids............btw, I saw where she had been arrested a few times and already has a few kids. Pitiful for those kids!
    anyway, I hope orientation night went great for you! Did you have some parents come? I am crossing my fingers you did! Have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an eventful day :) Love the blog please check mine out and follow if you like :)
    http://rtiandyou.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete