About Me

My photo
I have been teaching for 10 years, all of them in special education. I started as a consultant teacher at 7th grade, and then moved to a self-contained classroom for 4 years. I am now back at the upper levels as a consultant teacher and am looking forward to a new adventure at this grade level.

Blog Archive

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Ok Another freebie for you!

Today we talked about adding details to our writing. Worked very hard on thinking about our 5 senses and adding those details to plain, boring sentences. We made an anchor chart and I typed it up to hang in our room. I also printed one for each kid to put in their Anchor Chart Notebooks.
Click here for your copy!
We also went back and reviewed how to use our math tubs correctly and use recording sheets that are included in the centers.

Let's hear it for collaboration! Woo! My kids have such a hard time working together, so this was really good for them. I think we are going to do the same thing tomorrow.

Also, I took on a student teacher, starting October 24th. I've had 1 student teacher before and that was years ago, so I hope I can make this a good experience for her. The good thing is this is her 2nd placement so she'll be experienced with our curriculum and hopefully can jump in sooner than later. She was in another classroom in our building so I am glad she's not a complete newbie. If you have any student teaching advice, please leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment