About Me

My photo
I have been teaching for 10 years, all of them in special education. I started as a consultant teacher at 7th grade, and then moved to a self-contained classroom for 4 years. I am now back at the upper levels as a consultant teacher and am looking forward to a new adventure at this grade level.

Blog Archive

Sunday, November 6, 2011

It's my birthday!

(posted WAYYY AFTER my actual birthday!)

This will not be a teaching related post as today is my 30th birthday! 11/3/11 (I like what you did there, fate! 311 is my favorite band, remember?)

10 years ago I was just turning 20 and my roommates had decorated the dorm suite for me with balloons and signs. 10 years ago I was with a horribly abusive boyfriend and I was stupid enough to stay with him for almost 3 years. 10 years ago I was completely lost and confused about where my life was going and what I was supposed to be doing. It's so funny how different things can be after 10 short years go by. The stuff I went through in my 20's is stuff that I would love to do again, and relive the amazing feelings that went with it.

Living on my own for the first time with my awesome roommate Lauren.
Dating all kinds of crazy boys and the drama that went with it. (HA!)
Performing with the Syracuse Brigadiers drum corps and winter guard and going to WGI for the final time!
Finally meeting my husband, getting married, buying a house and having a baby.

My 30's started off well so far so I'm looking forward to seeing what is in store in the next 10 years. My husband bought me my first real Coach purse, sent flowers to school, and got friends and family together for a great dinner last night. He also scheduled a day of pampering for me, so I spent Saturday getting my toes and nails done, my eyebrows done and a facial. Ahhhhh....it was wonderful.

2 comments: