We have been working for the last week on summarizing and telling what happened in a story. I have been using the pigeon books by Mo Willems to work on this skill. My kids absolutely die for the pigeon books.
First, I read the classic Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus. Then we view this powerpoint that I made based on the book. {Download here} I introduced them to a Somebody Wanted But So organizer at that point. The next day we did the same powerpoint but with the book Unlovable by Dan Yaccarino. Seriously, one of the cutest books ever.
Then as a class, we completed the powerpoint and I wrote their answers on the board while they wrote on the organizer.
Over the weekend I found {this} lesson plan and decided to go for it today. So this morning I read them The Pigeon Wants a Puppy. We went through what would be a level 1, 2, 3 and 4. I typed up their responses that I got out of them with lots of prompting. I then made this anchor chart that I hope will help them. I know its kind of busy, but I think they'll get it when I go through it with them.
And now its time to relax with DWTS (Who else ADORES Tristan Macmanus, Nancy Grace's partner? I'm in LOVE with him.) and rest my foot, which decided it wanted to hurt this morning and then go numb on me 5 minutes ago.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment