1. I have successfully transitioned my daughter to her big girl bed! It can't be this easy, really? We bought it on Friday because she was climbing out of the crib. She HAAAATED it on Friday night and wouldn't stay in it for 5 seconds. Finally, at midnight, we put the crib back together and called it a night. Tuesday night I read an article online about transitioning, and tried some of the tips. OMG. She bought into it and stayed in her bed all night! I couldn't believe it. I felt like Mother of the Year. Last night, she went right to sleep, and tonight she climbed right into bed and went to sleep. It cannot be this easy. I am so proud of her!
2. I gave my kids the mid-year DSA spelling assessment, and while all my kids are in the Letter Name stage, they are all in the high-teens for stage scores, when someone of them started at a stage score of 0 in September. I have one at a score of 24/25 and the rest of them are at a 16 or 17 out of 25. Yay!
3. You all know 311 is my favorite band in the universe and I entered a contest on Facebook, not thinking anything of it. All we had to do was leave a comment and out of 950 comments, mine was one of the 5 winners chosen!!!!! OMG! I won an autographed prize pack of goodies. I don't know what is in it yet, but I got a FB message from their management, telling me I won! SO EXCITING! I never win anything! :)
I also want to share my condolences for the loss of the Vintage Teacher, Pamela, who passed away recently. I do not have a freebie to share in honor of her like so many other blogs are doing, but I wanted to make sure I mentioned her and send my prayers to her and her family. May she rest peacefully.

Way to go on big girl bed!!!
ReplyDeleteRachel
Ms. Rachel’s Room
What was the article you read? I'm about to start putting my 2 year old in a bed. Thanks!
ReplyDelete