This is is my Plan Binder. In it I have my plans, obviously, calendars, common core standards and other resources.
I am ready for June- can you tell?
I added my brand new long term curriculum plan behind the calendar. This is the first time I've done one of these so I'm hoping I can stick to it next year.
And my plans and common core sections.
And finally, my grade sheet. I am really bad at keeping track of their grades and I came up with this and I write in the name of the assessment along with the core standard being assessed. I am making it my goal next year to be more consistent with keeping scores organized.
Next, my Reading Assessment Binder. It's tough to keep track of 3 grade levels in terms of all of their required assessments.
Here are the tabs: Assessment Schedule (pic below), Kindergarten, 1st Grade, 2nd grade and DSA.
In the front pocket I keep my folder of completed DRA's. After I test them each marking period I put the DRA in the student's section.
Right inside the front cover is my chart tracking their reading levels and growth over the year. This of course is not all of their running records, but I tried to keep this as up to date as possible.
Next is the Assessment Schedule as given to us by the district. Its broken down by grade level and its so helpful to see what needs to be done, especially for kindergarten, as they have the most universal assessments in the district.
In each tabbed folder I keep sight word assessments (K) and DSA assessments (1 & 2). Behind each grade tab I have a section for running records for each kid in each grade level. I copied their sight word assessments on colored paper so it acts as a divider between each student.
DSA sheets and K assessment sheets straight from Fountas and Pinnell.
Sample of a 1st graders section with HF words assessment record and his most recent running record.
And that is how I keep track of 3 different grade levels and all the assessment documentation required by the district. We are required to put scores online on a database so when that time comes I just get my binder out and start inputting the information.
Hope this information can be helpful to someone out there teaching multiple grade levels! :)




Wow! Your binder layout is AMAZING!! I am taking note of how your organize. :) Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteLisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure
Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate it! I just added to my reading binder today after doing DRA's. I laminated our correlation chart and our quarterly reporting levels to keep in the front of the binder for report cards. Should make it easier for me for next year too, since I have 3 grade levels to report on.
ReplyDeleteOooh, so nice to be able to peek at something like this. You are inspiring in your organization!
ReplyDeleteAw, thank you! Thanks for checking out my blog too! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing! I love your system- it's inspiring and a goal for next year!!!
ReplyDeleteLOVE your curriculum plan - would you be willing to email that and share?? You know how teaching we try to reinvent the wheel! ;)
ReplyDeleteOoops, my email is monicamize1@gmail.com. THANK YOU!
ReplyDeleteI love your reading binder. I teach k, 1, and 2 reading and this is very helpful. Thanks for inspiring us.
ReplyDeleteCara
The Teacher's Backpack
Thanks for sharing your organizational ideas, I love it! I just wrote about my binder too.
ReplyDelete☼Libby
Dual Kinder Teacher
This has so many elements that I'm looking to incorporate...are you on TpT or is there a way to get these formats to print out for ourselves? You did GREAT work!
ReplyDeleteI'm ericasisland@gmail.com
Thank you so much!
Erica
Is there any way I could get a copy emailed to me.. THIS IS AMAZING:)
ReplyDeleteallent5@k12tn.net
I would love a copy of your materials as well. They are fab!!
ReplyDeletekingre@billingsschools dot com
To everyone asking for copies of things, I am putting together two packs for you and they will be put up here tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteYour amazing cant wait till you post your copies!
ReplyDeleteThank You!!! I can't wait to see them! You are very talented!
ReplyDeleteThank you SO much for sharing. I can't WAIT for the lesson plan binder. I really prefer long-term planning like your binder seems to utilize. I can't WAIT to make them part of my planning. This is the teaching blog I've been looking for. Your willingness to share is refreshing and SO appreciated.
ReplyDeleteGratefully,
Erica
I also teach K, 1, 2 but I just teach reading. You definitely have to be very organized when teaching multiple grade levels! I am a new follower and I'm looking forward to the printables too.
ReplyDeleteCindy
Primary Reading Party
I teach middle school resource and I LOVE your binder. It's so hard to keep track of all the assessment date, IEP goals, ccss etc. your system is awesome!
ReplyDeleteOh my gracious... this is wonderful. I also teach self contained Sped but I have grades 2-4 with learning levels Prek -2. Do you keep your IEP's and goal data in this as well? I am curious to see how you keep your data with your goals. I am such an unorganized person and that is a big deficit for me as a Sped Teacher. Thanks for sharing and explaining so much!
ReplyDeleteI will be posting an IEP document soon! Keep your eyes peeled. Thanks for checking me out!!!!
ReplyDeleteThis notebook is fabulously wonderful. Please tell us where we can access it and give you compensation for the huge amount of time you're saving all of us!
ReplyDeleteSimply AMAZING!!!! I would love a copy!!!!
ReplyDeleteThis coming year will be my first year teaching and I will be in an elementary self contained class for trainable mentally handicapped, ages 4-11. I'm very excited, but know this will be a huge challenge. This binder will help me so much I can't wait till you have it ready for me to download. Thanks for all your great ideas.
ReplyDeleteThis is amazing. I would like to know where I can download it at.
ReplyDeleteWow your binder is amazing!!! This will be my second year teaching but my first in a General Ed classroom so I am looking for all kinds of ways to stay organized!! I will be teaching 3rd grade! Great blog too!!
ReplyDeleteStop by my blog... there's not much there right now since I just started it!
http://ofishallylearning.blogspot.com/
~Michaela~
I have been looking for a way to better organize my reading assessments. I am a reading interventionist, working with students K-5. Your binder ideas would be a tremendous help to me. Are you going to be offering downloads on TPT or somewhere else? Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteCould I get a copy of your lesson plan format? I love it!!! I really just would like to know your schedule and times! Great Job on your Blog! Such an inspiration!
ReplyDeleteCould I get a copy of your curriculum plan guide? I really like the idea and would like to make one for my pre-k class.
ReplyDeleteAll of my documents are available in my Teachers Pay Teachers store. Please click the button on the top left to visit the store. Thanks so much for your support!
ReplyDeleteLove this! And love that you provided your documents free of charge!!! Thanks!
ReplyDeletep.s. Also love that you were able to put my Common Core printables to good use! :o)
✰ Mrs. Kincaid
Mrs. Kincaid’s First Grade ✰
Thanks for motivating me to work on my binder! Love your blog!
ReplyDeleteSara :)
Smiling In Second Grade
I love how organized your binder is! I am definitely going to have to try this as I have two preschool special education classes that do completely different activities and have different assessments!
ReplyDeleteKate
http://funinecse.blogspot.com/
This is great! You are extremely organized and the tabs make it so easy to go directly to each section.
ReplyDeleteI would love a copy of your lesson plan template. I looked on your tpt store and didnt see it. Could you e-mail me a copy or attach it to a comment on my blog....5thgradetomfoolery.blogspot.com Thank you! Teri
ReplyDeleteAwww man, I missed the comment about the pages being available in your tpt store! I could have saved myself a bundle of time. Darn. A huge thanks though for the inspiration. I was able to complete my binder tonight. I linked back to you at www.teachonalimb.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteLove your notebook. I had something similar, but less detailed, that I used last year. I have a K-5 SC class.
ReplyDeleteI am a second year K-3rd grade Special ed teacher. Last year I was in one building with 4 grade levels and next year I will be in two buildings with 4 grade levels at each... I am going to really look into your binder methods!!
ReplyDeleteI am your newest follower! I have taught in a 4th grade integrated co-teach for the past 4 years but am moving to a self contained 3-4-5 for the next school year. You are the first multi-age blog I have come across so I really look forward to seeing how you organize materials, lesosns, curriculum, etc!
ReplyDeletePolkadots and Teaching Tots
I love the calendar pages. Are those in your TPT store?
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for sharing you thoughts and ideas. I will be incorporating a lot of what you have done to my school year.:)
ReplyDeleteLaura
Love this!!!!! I would love if you can share a copy shana2300@yahoo.com
ReplyDeleteWhere did you find the copy of the calendars...I love that they are two pages ..... lisa.brock75@yahoo.com
ReplyDeleteJackpot! Thanks for sharing!!
ReplyDeleteI love your calendar as well! I love how one month takes up two pages. Did you create them yourself? How did you do it or where did you find it?
ReplyDeleteLiliris
Fourth Grade Garden
I love your organization! You are my inspiration for this year - I consider myself to be an organized person, but I haven't taught the same grade long enough to get as far as you! This year I will! Thank you so much for sharing!
ReplyDeleteI'm your newest follower! Check out my blog!
Ashley
Inspire, Dream, & Create!
I've been searching for a long term curriculm plan just like the one you created. . . gotta love Pinterest! I'm off to shop your store. Lots of wonderFULL ideas on your blog that I intend to use in my FULL classroom. Thanks for sharing! ~Mrs. FULL
ReplyDeleteThis is amazing organization. I teach middle school special ed, but I can see how I can modify this to fit my needs. Thanks so much for sharing your ideas!
ReplyDeleteHi there! I am really in love with your binder! I especially love your curriculum planning sheet. Could you send me a copy of all of this? I'd really appreciate it! :) krissy27_star@yahoo.com
ReplyDeleteThanks! Kristen
Hi! I am really in love with your binder! Awesome ideas! Could you send me a copy of all of this? I'd really appreciate it! :) My email is jnmorris05@gmail.com Thanks! Jaime
ReplyDeleteI love this idea! I am a K-5 Sped Teacher in a small school, so I often have 3 or 4 grade levels to keep track of as well. Paperwork is my number one stressor. I am hoping to incorporate something like this in my daily life so that I don't hit the mid-November "All-I-want-to-do-is-cry-and-eat-icecream" state.
ReplyDeleteI've been looking for special education blogs for a long time! It's hard finding and connecting with other people in special education.
ReplyDeleteHi! Where can I get the 2-page calendar you show on your blog in the binder. There are cute colorful children at the top with little hearts at the bottom. Absolutely love it!!!!! Laura
ReplyDeleteFrom a Homeschooling Mom to Three Grade Levels - Thank you for solving a huge GRRR!!! in my life. Keeping up with all their progress and keeping it in one place in an effective way has been a huge hassle. I can't wait to get this all together so I can finally organize the paper monster!! Truly a blessing!!
ReplyDeleteI just found this. I would love a copy. I'm a kindergarten teacher at a school for the deaf. With all the assessment on top of IEPS. Staying organized is tough. Would you be willing to share? My email is j_demme@hotmail.com.
ReplyDeleteTHANKS!
I also would love a copy. I work in a ECSE classroom. My email is avgraham87@yahoo.com.
ReplyDeleteThank You,
Vicki
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog through Pinterest, and am amazed! I am K-5 LD Resource, but your resources can help me too! Are you on TpT?? If not, I would love to buy your grade sheets/calendar from you! Thanks!
ReplyDelete