About Me

My photo
I have been teaching for 10 years, all of them in special education. I started as a consultant teacher at 7th grade, and then moved to a self-contained classroom for 4 years. I am now back at the upper levels as a consultant teacher and am looking forward to a new adventure at this grade level.

Blog Archive

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Classroom Organization Projects

It has been a busy week in my room! I am cleaning, organizing, creating, printing, and melting because its. so. hot.

We had field day yesterday! It was fun but thankfully only half a day. Phew. The kids were so tired after playing water bottle tag but I did enjoy myself running around squirting them with water bottles! We got to play with the parachute as well. Who didn't LOVE the parachute in gym class???

Yesterday my big project was making my plastic drawers cute. I saw people use mod podge to put scrapbook paper on theirs, but I'm cheap and don't want to buy mod podge, so I mixed some glue and water and PRESTO! Homemade mod podge.

Did they turn out adorable or what??? I'm in love.

Today's big project was cleaning out my cabinets. I am almost afraid to show what the first one looked like before I attacked it.
Before.

I'm breaking out in hives just looking at it.

After. Ahhhh...It felt so good to throw out half that stuff! My motto right now is, if I didn't use it this year, I'm THROWING IT OUT! Or giving it away.

This is my pride and joy of the day. Its a teachers dream. I am so proud of myself that I accomplished this! :)

I also have a new classroom setup (again) that I will photograph once my room is in shape again. My kidney table is a serious hot mess right now.

Only 2 half days and 1 full day left.

3 comments:

  1. So organized! I have a closet that looks like that too. Haven't conquered it yet though.

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just moved schools and have been trying to get organized too! It's tricky after 5 years of stuff was built up in my old room! I think your blog is too cute! I wanted to let you know I have given you the One Lovely Blog Award! Good luck with all the summer organization!

    Allison
    Miss Allison's Class

    ReplyDelete