About Me

My photo
I have been teaching for 10 years, all of them in special education. I started as a consultant teacher at 7th grade, and then moved to a self-contained classroom for 4 years. I am now back at the upper levels as a consultant teacher and am looking forward to a new adventure at this grade level.

Blog Archive

Sunday, July 29, 2012

I heart the Olympics

Don't you love the Olympics? All the patriotism, awesome displays of athleticism, hot mens gymnastics teams...

I've been watching all weekend since they started. I have always loved the gymnastics events. I'm the same age as Dominique Moceanu, so when the Mag 7 won in 1996, it was the COOLEST thing ever. I actually got to meet Dominique Dawes a few years later, which was amazing. I actually started my daughter in gymnastics and she LOVES her tumbling tots class, and she's actually really good at it, for a two year old!

I've been watching the swimming too, and Ryan Lochte is from my area. He can be my Olympic boo.

I'm not just sitting here ogling, no, I am doing some school work too! I found this post from Ladybugs Teaching Files and I had to do it. I can't afford new seat pockets so I made these from Home Depot! Here's the original post: She's Kinda Amazing

I started with plain Home Depot two-pocket nail aprons.
I designed a zebra print label to cover the Home Depot logo. Taking from Kristin, it's 5"x5" and covers it PERFECTLY. I attached some Velcro squares to each corner of the label.

 I got this, but its not cute enough for me. Too plain.
So I found my zebra print duct tape. Since these aprons are a little flimsy, I thought it'd be good to reinforce them.
Ta-da!!! I cut the strings off since I am going to velcro them to the kids chairs and just taped around the edges.

The kids aren't going to use these to hold their folders, but I figure their pencil boxes and independent reading books can go in them. I am going to use a system similar to this found on Pinterest to store their folders, journals and notebooks.
So I haven't given a freebie out in awhile, and thought the labels would be useful to you if you decide to use this cute idea! Click {here} to get yours. 

1 comment: