About Me

My photo
I have been teaching for 10 years, all of them in special education. I started as a consultant teacher at 7th grade, and then moved to a self-contained classroom for 4 years. I am now back at the upper levels as a consultant teacher and am looking forward to a new adventure at this grade level.

Blog Archive

Saturday, September 15, 2012

The First 10 Days

Hi blog world! I have been back in school for 10 days and I forgot how tired I get at this time of the year. I am also teaching color guard two days a week so I am beat!

My class is pretty good this year too! Compared to who I started with last year, I have it EASY! I have 3 second graders, 1 first grader and 1 kindergartener. We started right off the first day with learning fiction and non-fiction and are moving into story elements next week.

We also had to give the pre-assessments for our SLO's for the whole new APPR thing. It's going to be an interesting year...and thats all I'm going to say about that. I am nervous about how this will impact me, and I hope I get a "highly effective" grade at the end of the year. :/

Annnd with that, here are some pictures of my last 10 days.

From Amy Lemons Writing activities

Mathematicians from Amy Lemon's Lets Get Started Math activities



Sorting math tools and toys

My student center where we keep everything


Assignments for math workshop

And my color guard. Lookin good!

2 comments:

  1. Aww your hallways crafts are SO cute! That's awesome that you have such a good class - that's exactly how I feel. My last year's class was tough so it makes me really appreciate my kiddos this year :)

    - Sasha
    The Autism Helper

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww! I have a good teaching friend who does color guard too! This is Julie, I contacted you earlier today... I posted your guided reading template, come by and take a look!
    Thanks again for letting me link to you:)

    http://primarypointe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete