About Me

My photo
I have been teaching for 10 years, all of them in special education. I started as a consultant teacher at 7th grade, and then moved to a self-contained classroom for 4 years. I am now back at the upper levels as a consultant teacher and am looking forward to a new adventure at this grade level.

Blog Archive

Monday, December 24, 2012

I can't. I just can't.

I have absolutely no words for the horrific events first in Connecticut and now in Webster, NY, five miles from where I live.

If you haven't seen the news, this morning, Christmas Eve, volunteer firefighters responded to a fire, a routine call. When they arrived, a shooter opened fire on them and shot 4 of them, 2 are dead.

I'm sick. And I'm going to go right out and say this, and judge me if you want, and I don't care. I do NOT support ANYONE'S rights to own guns. At this point, I do not CARE if you hunt, I do not CARE if you like to target shoot, I do not think anyone NEEDS to own a gun besides our police and armed forces. Especially ASSAULT WEAPONS. There is no reason for any person to have an assault weapon that is specifically designed for war, IN. THEIR. HOUSE.

People saying, "Gun control takes away our freedoms" is LUDICROUS. These people shooting innocent babies, VOLUNTEER firefighters, opening fire at a MALL, are taking away our freedoms. Our freedom to go to school, teach, shop, serve, and simply LIVE OUR LIVES are being taken away by the people who feel it necessary to go out and SHOOT PEOPLE.

STOP. SHOOTING. PEOPLE. Enough is enough.


4 comments:

  1. That is so awful and I definitely agree. There is no need for people to carry guns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both terrible events. I live about 30 minutes from Webster and still can't believe what happened this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't heard about the shooting in Webster. How terrible. I don't agree with it, either. I don't even believe that the second amendment actually supports the right of an individual to carry weapons just because they want to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omigosh I AGREE with you! 100%. It is not worth the tragedies that continue to happen around the country. It makes me sick to my stomach as well. Thank you for posting this.

    - Sasha
    The Autism Helper

    ReplyDelete