About Me

My photo
I have been teaching for 10 years, all of them in special education. I started as a consultant teacher at 7th grade, and then moved to a self-contained classroom for 4 years. I am now back at the upper levels as a consultant teacher and am looking forward to a new adventure at this grade level.

Blog Archive

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Gotta change the blog name...

So I got the news today that I will be switching grade levels next year and moving to a new building. I will be providing consultant teacher services to students in 6th grade in our middle school in the district. I am sad that I have to pack my room that I have been in for 4 years, and leave the building I have known for so long. It's involuntary and I have no choice really...so it is what it is. It took me a few hours to be able to talk about it without crying, but my husband sent me a bouquet of flowers to cheer me up and I've been thinking about it in a positive way. I'm going back to my old friends, and I think it will be a welcome change. I'm not looking forward to packing up my room, but I've already started and I have two aides to help me.

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck in your new assignment. Sometimes unwelcomed changes end up becoming the best opportunities.

    I look forward to hearing about your new adventures in 6th grade.

    Kelly
    A View Into My Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kelly! Change is always hard. :/ I hope you like this new assignment and it works out for the better :)

    sarah
    teachingiscolorful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete