About Me

My photo
I have been teaching for 10 years, all of them in special education. I started as a consultant teacher at 7th grade, and then moved to a self-contained classroom for 4 years. I am now back at the upper levels as a consultant teacher and am looking forward to a new adventure at this grade level.

Blog Archive

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Oh, hello there!

This summer has been pretty good, so far. I'm not looking forward to August starting, because its the beginning of the end of summer and back to school with new super early hours! Merp. I've mostly been hanging out with my awesome 3 year old and doing mommy-daughter stuff. However, even though I'm home, she is going to daycare two days a week just so we can get breaks from each other and she can have social time with her tiny friends.

We went to The Christmas Tree Shops today and I found some super cute hanging lanterns that I am going to put in my new classroom.


How precious and perfect are these for my nautical themed classroom? And a dollar each! They have some other really cute things, like an Adirondack chair lamp and shell wall hangings. I have also made my plan book for the year in a nautical theme.
I bought a disc bound notebook from Martha Stewart's line at Staples.

Spot for the kids birthdays so I don't forget like I usually do!

Spot for important events happening at school.

Calendar pages

These pages are for planning curriculum weekly each month.
 Hopefully this planner will work for me this year. Here is how I laid out the planning page for the week.
I put my schedule across the top and the day going down the bottom. I am constantly trying out new planning layouts as I come across them. I never stick with just one for the whole year!

We are already planning out Christmas break - we're going to Disney World!
My mother in law has bought me four Disney planning books - the 4th one is missing from the picture as I already starting reading it. We booked our flight tickets last night! I'm not sure how to go about planning it, as the last time I was there, I was 12, but these little books are actually very helpful. Can you believe there are blogs dedicated to Disney tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment