About Me

My photo
I have been teaching for 10 years, all of them in special education. I started as a consultant teacher at 7th grade, and then moved to a self-contained classroom for 4 years. I am now back at the upper levels as a consultant teacher and am looking forward to a new adventure at this grade level.

Blog Archive

Thursday, September 22, 2011

First Day of Fall

Today we celebrated the first day of fall in my room. We made fall apple trees with paper bags, which always turn out super cute.  I'll take a picture of the finished products tomorrow. Here we are working hard!




Then we made apple books out of our Weekly Reader and used the SmartBoard to interact with the Weekly Reader on their website, which was super fun. We sequenced the life of an apple tree by seasons and put our book pages in the right order. I really like Weekly Reader. I do it every Thursday.

I wish I had some freebies to give away but I honestly have had no time to create ANYTHING. I don't really need a lot right now either. I'm trying to come up with some math games for my kindergarten(er) kids but I am using the materials that come with enVision to try to save myself some TIME.

Things with my little friend are not getting any better. I can't say much on this blog but I feel like the entire situation is completely out of control and there is nothing I can do. My aide has been kicked in the head, I was body-checked today, and the principal has been hit, spit on, sworn at and everything else under the sun. I never realized that little kids were this....disturbed. It's really, really sad to watch and sooooo frustrating for everyone involved.

2 comments:

  1. I am really sorry you are struggling with your student. Please keep sharing the little bit that you can, it makes me feel much less alone with my own challenging friend.

    Love the apple trees, we will do it next week! Are the brown squares the leaves?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I got the apple tree idea from an art book I have. I can scan in the page and send it to you if you want.

    Thanks for the positive comment about my student. I know I'm not alone, and if there are any strategies you have to share, please tell! There is a different school psychologist coming over tomorrow afternoon to do an observation and hopefully start me on the road to become TCI (Therepeutic Behavioral Intervention) trained.

    ReplyDelete